Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Arrow roots

The CNY season brings about plenty of seasonal delicacies. And this arrow root is one of them. Through a recommendation from a friend we bought some arrow roots and made some chips. This is the first time that we tried and tasted the arrow roots. All you need to do is to slice them thinly and fry them. You dont need to add anything to it. It is very delicious and crispy. Tastes sweeter than potato chips.
In no time the chips all disappeared from the plates.
You could also stir fry them with chicken. I didnt have the opportunity to try it yet but I could imagine the taste.

5 comments:

Ammaro said...

haha, no way, you actually made them and didnt get to try any?

7asafa...

whats an arrow root anyway. sounds like a mathematical thingy.

Ammoontie said...

I actually meant ... I didnt get to try the other recipe, cooking it with chicken.
Anyway arrow root is a kind of vege, just like potatoes.

1plus2 said...

They sound delicious. You got any left? Where do you stay? I don't mind driving all the way...hehehe...

Shionge said...

Hiya my friend...howdy? Hope you are fine ya!

I have not tried this at all but shall look out for this next year, thanks. Hey you are very adventurous to try too.

Qabbani said...

i didn't get really what is it first time i see it !!
hmmm need research

have a nice day